Buying a home will possibly be the biggest purchase of your life… and that can make it a very stressful time! Relax, at Rosie Glasgow Home Loans, we’re here to help.
You’ve saved your deposit and you’re finally ready to take the plunge and apply for a pre-approved home loan. Congratulations! It’s a big step, but you’ve got the hard work of saving out of the way and now all you need is the paperwork. But where do you start?
At Rosie Glasgow Home Loans, we like to get your financial records right at the outset. This means we prefer to get all of your information at the first appointment, to save going backwards and forwards and delaying the process. Ultimately, we want to get you in your home as soon as possible.
We ask all our applicants to bring in the following essential documentation to help facilitate the process
- You’ll need photo ID – either a passport or drivers licence.
- You’ll also need evidence of your income. This can include your last three payslips, a letter from your employer confirming your employment start date, job title and income, or a copy of your signed and dated employment contract. And if you receive any Government assistance such as Working for Families, or an Accommodation Supplement, we’ll need to see that too.
- We need to show that you’re in a financial position to take on the responsibility of a home loan. To do this we will need your last three months bank statements showing your income, or access to your internet banking.
- You’ll need to prove you have enough money to cover a home deposit. This could include your last three months bank statements for your savings account, KiwiSaver balance or proof of gifted funds.
- Do you have any loans, credit cards or hire purchases? These won’t usually hinder the process, but it is very important these are disclosed from the outset. We may also assess debt consolidation at the same time. Please compile balances of any current debt and bring this along.
- If you know the Housing NZ Home Start Grant (KiwiSaver) will form part of your deposit, feel free to start the pre-approval process early. You can apply for this yourself online via the following link: https://hera.power-business.co.nz/hnz/HomeStart.nsf
As registered financial advisers, Rosie Glasgow Home Loans hunt around the banks and lenders to find the very best mortgage deals for you. It doesn’t matter if you’re an old hand or a first home buyer – we tailor our service to suit your needs.
Once we have the correct information from you, we’ll be able to get the process underway – the sooner, the better. So, give us a call now and make an obligation free enquiry. You’ll find our service is professional, helpful, and as stress free as possible!
Rosie Glasgow Home Loans. Click or call now.